Will blog for comments

Sep 30, 2009

Ultra Bland Cleanser



I have been using LUSH’s Ultra Bland Cleanser for two months now and I like it! However, I have both a rant & rave for this product. First off let me begin by giving you the background on the product.
From their website:
Ultra-gentle, thorough facial cleanser
This supreme facial cleanser, with magnificently softening rose water, peanut oil and beeswax cream, takes off everything you've plastered on and makes your skin astonishingly soft. It's a marvel. Ultrabland is not the simplest cleanser to use, but it's not that hard and it's definitely worth it. Smooth it on, then remove it thoroughly with a slightly damp cotton pad or face cloth. Gently remove until your skin feels soft and not oily.

Rant:
This product is supposed to be used as an all-over face cleanser. I tried doing this at first but it was very messy. Since I use liquid foundation, blush, powder, eye makeup & lipstick I had to use a lot of damp cotton squares to wipe everything away. After I wiped it all off I still felt the need to wash my face again with a mild cleanser like Cetaphil.

So if I don’t use this as a facial cleanser what do I use it for, you ask?

Rave:
I use this as my eye-makeup remover. In the past I would use Neutrogena’s eye makeup remover until it started irritating my eyes. My eyes would burn & sting and I was left with a red blotchy mess. But LUSH’s products are all natural & free from harsh ingredients so it’s very mild & gentle yet strong enough to clear away the gunk piled on my eyes. All I have to do is take a finger tip worth of product, rub it onto my eyes then clean it off with a damp cotton square, et voila! It removes my numerous coats of mascara, liquid eyeliner, eye shadow & it even removes waterproof mascara/eyeliner. Yay!
After I remove my eye makeup I stick to my regular routine of washing my face with Cetaphil or Clean & Clear facial wash. Overall, I give this product 5 stars.

1 comments on "Ultra Bland Cleanser"

Amanda S. on October 2, 2009 at 4:03 PM said...

Wow! :)