Will blog for comments

Sep 17, 2009

Zoya Matte Velvet Collection Fall 2009



The new trend this fall is matte nail polish. Many brands are launching a range of colors that come in a matte finish. Other brands like Essie have designed a top coat which you can use on top of any nail polish formula to create a matte finish. Personally I am falling in love with Zoya’s Matte Velvet Collection for Fall 2009. These colors are gorgeous! There are three colors in this collection:

Loredana (matte gunmetal shimmer)
Posh (matte ruby shimmer)
Dovima (matte black shimmer)

This formula dries extremely fast compared to regular creamy varnishes. It is also advised not to use this in conjunction with a base coat, top coat or speed dryer. It doesn’t last that long and it chips easily however I am so in love with this finish that I don’t mind only wearing it for 3-4 days. Zoya is also coming out with 3 more colors in their Matte Velvet Winter 09 collection. There is a matte purple, a matte plum & a matte forest green. They look gorgeous! You can buy them on their website here: Click me!
xoxo
PS: I apologize for the blurriness & the sloppy swatches. I wanted to swatch all three colors real fast so I could post this.






7 comments on "Zoya Matte Velvet Collection Fall 2009"

saha on September 17, 2009 at 11:41 PM said...

i love the last one! i can't wait till tomorrow, supposed to be getting that essie polish in the mail. i'll let you know how it is!

JennXOXO on September 18, 2009 at 9:01 AM said...

Oh wow! Yes, let me know how it is! Did you order the Chanel Jade? I want it so bad.

erojas05 on September 18, 2009 at 1:31 PM said...

Oh these colors are great! I do like the last one a lot and Posh.

JennXOXO on September 18, 2009 at 4:21 PM said...

Posh is pretty! I ended up doing all my nails in Posh last night after I posted this. :)

XPPINKXX on September 21, 2009 at 4:15 PM said...

Hey doll

LOVE LOVE LOVE zoya nail polishes!!! they have so many funky colors!!! ugh i have to get the gun metal grey...looks dope...i wonder if it comes in straight black...hmmmm...ugh my nails are so shitty at the moment i cant do shit with them...(anyway) i just wanted to say thank you for your support on confidence matter it means alot to me on your reach out...just remember to get each others back on the fall

xo!

Witoxicity on September 23, 2009 at 10:14 AM said...

Hi! I've just discovered your blog. I've enjoyed reading your posts. Followed! :)

As for the Zoya nailpolishes, I think Posh is to die for. It's too pretty!

JennXOXO on September 23, 2009 at 9:13 PM said...

@witoxicity Thank you! Posh is definitely one of my favorites! I don't have another red like it :)