Will blog for comments

Sep 27, 2009

I'm back!


Hello lovelies! I’m sorry it’s been so long since my last post but I’m back! Work sent me up to Eatontown, NJ for the week. I came home on Friday and I just want to do a quick update about what I’ve been up to these past few days. While I was up in Jersey one of the locals suggested we eat at Bobby’s Burger Palace. My coworker and I are huge Food Network fans and we adore Bobby Flay so we couldn’t pass this opportunity. I believe there are only four Burger Palace’s and they are in NJ, NY & CT.

I thought it was a sit down restaurant but it’s more of a casual dining deal. This was my burger and the locals were staring at me like I was crazy for taking a picture of my food. It was delicious with a side of sweet potato fries. I ended up buying a few jars of Bobby Flay’s burger rub, jalapeno sauce & fry sauce for the huz. Yum-o!



After work and dinner we’d go back to our hotel rooms and keep working. On our last night there we drove out to the beach & walked along the shops. When we got back to the hotel I was able to relax and do my nails while watching Grey’s Anatomy. :D
I used OPI’s new Suede Collection for Fall 2009. I used Russian Navy Suede. It’s ahhmazing! I can’t get enough of the matte finishes but now there is a suede finish as well! It’s smooth & it dries fast. OPI’s Suede line has such a unique finish and I can’t get enough of it. I used two coats on my nails but you could definitely get away with one.







Last weekend I stopped by ULTA to pick up dry shampoo. I’ve always been curious about it and I wanted to experiment with the options that are out there. I picked up TIGI’s Rockaholic dry shampoo & Big Sexy Hair’s Volumizing Dry Shampoo. I was determined to find out which one has more bang for your buck. I can only provide a partial review since I’ve only been using Big Sexy Hair for a week. This week I promise to use TIGI.
Here are a few differences so far:
Big Sexy Hair is 3.4 oz and I bought it for $16.95. It is a mineral & clay based dry shampoo that absorbs impurities, excess oil & product build-up while creating additional volume.
TIGI Rockaholic is 6.3 oz and I bought it for $18.95. The bottle only says that it will “absorb excess oils, make hair smell fresh & keep it rockin’ one more night”.

Here is my before & after pics. I used Big Sexy Hair. It smells great, it gave a fair amount of texture & volume. You can’t really tell from the pictures but I could definitely see a difference. I like it so far and I’d definitely purchase this again however it’s half the size of TIGI and it’s only $2 less. I’ll let you know next week which one I’d repurchase.




So while I was away I was desperately missing my bathtub time with LUSH. For those of you who don't know about LUSH it is a store that makes vegan products for the bath, shower, hair, face, body etc. Their soaps are all natural and doesn't contain any preservatives or harsh ingredients to irritate the skin.
I’ve already used a lot of what I hauled & unfortunately I didn’t snap any photos of what I hauled. Here is what I have left. I didn’t take any pics of the freebee’s I got from the events. I also didn’t take pics of the chunks of soaps because I want to leave that for another post.

I think this is called the French Kiss Bubble Bar? It smells amazing!


This is the bubble bar I used last night. It smells like roses & after you crumble it under the water there are little rose petals floating around.

Sunny Side Bubble Bar. This has a lot of citrus scents like orange & tangerine. It has a lot of gold glitter so I'll be using this on the weekends only. :) I mean seriously, who doesn't want to take a bath in glitter?

This is the Comforter Bubble Bar which has a lot of decadent berry scents. The description on the LUSH website is, "Velvety berry and cream bath parfait softens skin with lavish bubbles. Comforter bubble bar is perfect for pampering yourself after a long work week. Cypress and bergamot oils soothe skin while cassis adds a mysterious and seductive aroma."

I'm not sure what the name of the bubble bar on the left is but it smells amazing. The one on the right is Pop in the Bath Bubble bar. I love this scent. This is my second bar. It has a flowery & citrus scent & it makes your skin silky soft.




Bath Bombs "Pop one in a pre-run bath and watch it erupt in a mass of fragrant fizzing, gently scenting the water with natural essential oils."
On the left is the Sex Bomb Bath Bomb which smells like jasmine.
On the right is the Butterball Bath Bomb. It smells like vanilla & turns the water to milky white. This is supposed to be very moisturizing for the skin.
Massage Bars
After a shower or bath I usually like to use their massage bars to moisturize. It is made with moisturizing cocoa, coconut & shea butters.
On the left is Soft Coeur (The Honeymooner) Massage Bar. It is made with milk chocolate & honey.
On the right is the Heavenilli Massage Bar which smells like vanilla & jasmine.
When you purchase two massage bar you get a massage bar tin for free.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! What are your favorites from LUSH? Do you have any recommendations of products I should try?

10 comments on "I'm back!"

Becks on September 27, 2009 at 10:34 PM said...

nice lush goodies! I don't really like lush, mostly because the smell of the store is too overwhelming. Nice mini review on the dry shampoo, I want to try it too! Right now I'm using baby powder, it kinda works well too, but the powder is not as fine as dry shampoo but it is a LOT cheaper.

Danielle87 on September 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM said...

I've never tried any LUSH products but now a days I'm starting to see a lot of people talk about them....I feel like I'm missin out so I will be trying something from them soon

JennXOXO on September 28, 2009 at 9:52 AM said...

@Becks I have heard of people using Baby Powder. It is a much cheaper alternative I agree! I definitely recommend trying either the TIGI or Big Sexy Hair. You can find it at ULTA if you have any in your area. Good luck! Let me know what you think.

JennXOXO on September 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM said...

@blkprincess87 I have been hooked on LUSH for almost a year now and I honestly don't want to spend another dime at Bath & Body Works or anywhere else. I'd rather use that money towards LUSH goodies. Their scents are addicting. I want to put a piece of Sultana of Soap in a mini container & take it everywhere with me so I can sniff it every now & then lol. Let me know if you try it & what you like! Good luck!

Monica Benavidez on September 30, 2009 at 12:01 AM said...

I need some of that dry shampoo to make my straightening blowouts last longer.

I am lazy. :-P

Did they leave any residue?

JennXOXO on September 30, 2009 at 10:04 AM said...

@Monica they don't leave any residue. I'd definitely recommend using a dry shampoo in between your straightening blowouts. I'm going to post a review on the TIGI product either tonight or tomorrow. I'll tweet you when it's up. :)

Jaci on September 30, 2009 at 12:18 PM said...

You need to try Lush's Lemony Flutter cuticle butter. Its amazing. Use it twice a day and its like you've had a manicure the way it makes your cuticles look. I also love their bath melts. They don't do anything special to the look of the water but they are super hydrating. You got most of my favorites though! Awesome Lush haul!

JennXOXO on September 30, 2009 at 1:02 PM said...

Thanks for the rec, Jaci! I'll definitely look into Lemony Flutter & the bath melts. Right now I'm using Sally Hensen's cuticle oil but I love finding an excuse to run back to LUSH. ;) I'll be posting another haul by the end of this week.

Love★Noreen on September 30, 2009 at 2:05 PM said...

I am sooo loving that blue nail color!

JennXOXO on September 30, 2009 at 2:10 PM said...

@stillFAB Thanks, doll!