Will blog for comments

Sep 6, 2009

Splurge vs. Steal: Another CCO Haul


Sept. 6, 2009
Last week while we were in South Carolina, I decided to make a trip to the Tangier Outlet mall in Myrtle Beach to see if they had a CCO (Cosmetic Company Outlet). They did have one and they had the biggest MAC selection I've ever seen in a CCO. I have two CCO's here where I live and while the MAC section is decent it’s not as large as the one in SC! There were multiple stands overflowing with MAC products. There were bins of 2008 Holiday brush sets & 2008 Holiday Lipglass sets! BINS! Each shelf was overflowing with glorious goodies. They had every single MAC brush from their permanent line! They had MULTIPLES of brushes. I was extremely lucky to buy the last 109 brush from my local CCO! I’m not gonna lie. I went crazy. I won’t bore you with everything I bought but I want to highlight how much I saved by making this trip to the CCO. These are the brushes I bought on the trip.
MAC 168: Large Angled Contour brush. This brush can be used to contour the cheek area, nose & temples. It has extremely soft with firmly bundled fibers.
MAC Store price: $32.00
CCO price: $22.50
Savings: $ 9.50
MAC 150: Large Powder Brush
This brush is full & dense for dusting loose or pressed powder on face/body. The full, rounded shaped fibers is perfect for blush application.
MAC Store price: $42.00
CCO price: $29.50
Savings: $12.50
MAC 134: Large Powder Brush
This is an extra large paddle brush. It has soft natural fibers which is great for powder application to the face/body.
MAC store price: $52.00
CCO price: $36.50
Savings: $15.50

Grand total instant savings: $37.50! Cha ching! Need I say more?

4 comments on "Splurge vs. Steal: Another CCO Haul"

Becks on September 7, 2009 at 10:32 AM said...

Does that mean I shouldn't buy these brushes for retail price?!

JennXOXO on September 7, 2009 at 6:20 PM said...

If you have a CCO nearby then I definitely recommend checking there before you pay full price. Everything in the CCO is sold at a discounted price. There are also cheaper alternatives/drugstore brand brushes that work just as well as MAC brushes. I'll write something soon about drugstore brand brushes. :)

Amanda S. on September 7, 2009 at 8:40 PM said...

What else did you get?!

JennXOXO on September 8, 2009 at 9:07 AM said...

Hahaha should I write about the rest of the haul & post pics? I didn't want to bore people w/ a CCO haul since it's all from old collections that people may have seen before.