Will blog for comments

Oct 1, 2009

Haul


Two nights ago bestie and I went out to dinner then decided to make a quick trip Sephora and LUSH. We both ended up buying the Kat Von D palette in Gypsy. ^.^  I’ve been eyeing Gypsy for a few months now and I never got around to buying MAC’s Photorealism palette (all greens) so I had to get this. The shadows have high pigmentation and they have awesome staying power. I wore it to work the next day and checked my makeup at 4.15 pm and it didn’t crease at all! I am impressed. The only drawback I found is they’re a bit chalky. When I used my 239 brush to pick up the color there was a lot of fallout in the palette so it’s not completely smooth but the payoff is worth it IMO.



After we shopped at Sephora I introduced bestie to LUSH! She had never been there before and I let her smell all of my favorite soaps like I Should Coco, Honey I Washed the Kids, Alkmaar, Porridge & Sultana of Soap (to name a few). She picked up a nice chunk of Rockstar soap & I bought another huge chunk of Sultana of Soap. I also picked up another MaBar Bubble Bar & Honey I Washed the Kids solid perfume. It's awesomeness.


Last month Hautelook had a huge Kevyn Aucoin sale. Dark red lips are totally in this fall so I picked up Leaharia (pinkish beige), Talula (coral red) and Poppia (basic red).
They’re gorgeous, creamy & moisturizing! On the Kevyn Aucoin website they retail for $23 but I got them from Hautelook for $9.20. Honestly, I didn’t order 3 lipsticks. I actually only placed an order for the two reds Talula and Poppia but they sent me Leaharia by mistake. Oops!



Moving on … I had a VIB coupon for Sephora so I placed an online order for YSL Rouge Volupte 19 Frivolous Pink which is one of their new shades. It’s a beautiful mid-tone pink with blue undertones. I also bought an Illamasqua lippie in Liv which is a matte, milky lavender pink. It reminds me of MAC’s Lavender Whip or Fashion Mews. Fashion Mews was a limited edition color that came out with the MAC Hello Kitty Collection and I regret not getting one. Illamasqua is a UK brand and it was only until a few months ago when Sephora started carrying this brand. I’m so happy I got this. I love it!



Hope you lovelies had a great week so far!  The weekend is almost here!  Yay!

6 comments on "Haul"

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for introducing me to LUSH! I'm hooked! My LUSH Times is all marked up with my future purchases!

JennXOXO on October 1, 2009 at 10:43 PM said...

@Michelle Hahaha that's awesome! I want to see your LUSH Times! I can't wait for us to go to the LUSH event! Only 30 more days:D I think I might have to get their pumpkin soap before we go shopping. I might have to pick it up this weekend! I love pumpkin anything!

Monica Benavidez on October 2, 2009 at 12:26 PM said...

Pumpkin soap?! I must buy this.

JennXOXO on October 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM said...

@Monica Yes! I can't wait to smell it. I want to use it for handsoap in the guest bathroom! :D

Amanda S. on October 2, 2009 at 3:59 PM said...

I thought that Lush stuff was bread at first! hahahaha! Great stuff. Those lip sticks look so pretty!

Love★Noreen on October 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM said...

Wow. pumpkin soap. That must smell real nice!!!