Will blog for comments

Jul 20, 2009

NARS haul



My NARS package came today!
I am so excited to share swatches with you because I ordered two items from the Fall 2009 Collection. Those two are Indian Summer eyeshadow duo & Mekong. Mekong is love!
I wanted to order Taiga but it's not available online yet. :( Also, sorry about the swatches, my hands are super wrinkly in these pics :-P If you get a chance to swatch these at Sephora or your local NARS counter you'll be able to see the shimmer in Mekong and it is absolutely gorgeous! It's very subtle and won't make you look like a disco ball I promise!

I know, you must be thinking I have a bad shopping addiction. I'm going to take an inventory of all the makeup I have and it will put me in check no doubt. Stay tuned, I'll post about the inventory soon.

xoxo!
J


Mekong - espresso infused with gold

Galapagos - bitter chocolate infused with gold


Night Breed - black with silver glitter



Indian Summer - frosted champagne & mustard seed



Rated R - chartreuse green & cobalt blue (both shimmer)

Laguna bronzer - brown with golden shimmer (Not sure what happened to this pic but it must've been the flash. It's much darker IRL)




L to R: Indian Summer, Rated R

L to R: Night Breed, Mekong, Galapagos, Laguna bronzer


4 comments on "NARS haul"

Monica Benavidez on July 20, 2009 at 10:06 PM said...

Jenn, how are these better than like your run-of-the-mill drugstore eyeshadows? Deeper color? Longer lasting? I want to invest in some good quality makeup, but I also don't want to waste tons of money. Help!

JennXOXO on July 20, 2009 at 10:39 PM said...

NARS & MAC both are highly pigmented & they blend easily. Do you have an outlet mall near you? If you do, there's a chance they have a CCO (Cosmetic Company Outlet). They carry great high end brands at a discounted price. My CCO has Bobbi Brown, MAC, Clinique, Este Lauder, Lancome etc. I also suggest Coastal Scents (CS). They have a great selection of palette's for around $20.00. I really want to get my hands on the neutral palette. All the colors are pigmented & blend easily. CS also has good makeup brushes and they're cheap! www.coastalscents.com definitely recommend them :) HTH!

JennXOXO on July 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM said...

Monica, do you have Ulta in San Antonio? They carry NYX which is a great drugstore brand. Their eyeshadows, lipsticks, lipglosses & jumbo pencils are fab!

Monica Benavidez on July 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM said...

I'll check that out the next time I am in San Antonio. They do have an Ulta, and they always send me coupons. I want to get about 8 eyeshadows that are great for going out and work, but I don't want to spend $20+ per eyeshadow thingy. I was just at an outlet mall this past weekend, and I did see that cosmetic outlet you mentioned, but I didn't go in. Darn!