Will blog for comments

Aug 23, 2009

My makeup collection!



Sunday, August 23, 2009
Initiation Ceremony/reality check/collection post?
I had trouble deciding what the title of this post should be. It’s basically an assemblage of all three I suppose. I read/heard somewhere that a collection post is the rite of passage for every makeup junkie guru. I however was reluctant to do a collection post because it would further cement my pathological addiction to collecting essentially 489108732658113 different of shades of pink. Seriously, how many shades of pink lipstick does a girl need?
I don’t like to call myself a makeup junkie. Junkie has such a negative connotation. I like to think of myself as an enthusiast, a makeup visionary or fanatic. It sounds better right? Call me any of those things but junkie I am not.
Bottom line: this post had a lot of psychological effects on me. It forced me to count everything in my collection and publicly admit to how bad awesome it is. I am proud of my collection.

Lipstick drawer (the heaviest of the lot)

32 MAC lipsticks, 3 Yves Saint Laurent, 1 NARS, 4 Urban Decay, 7 NYX, 13 other random brands

MAC palettes


39 lipglosses



3 MAC palettes



2 Make Up For Ever palettes



NARS

Urban Decay, Stila, Cargo palettes


Blush drawer!


MAC blushes

NARS, Chanel, Lancome blushes/bronzer


MAC Mineralize Skinfinish, MAC bronzers, MAC beauty powders & MAC Sculpt & Shape

Clinique has its own drawer

Random eye shadow pots: MUFE, MAC, NYX, Stila, H.I.P., Urban Decay

eyeliners, NYX Jumbo Pencils, MAC Shadesticks, lip pencils

MAC pigments, MAC Solar Bits, MAC Paint Pots, UDPP, cream liners


8 comments on "My makeup collection!"

saha on August 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM said...

that is just magical.

Monica Benavidez on August 23, 2009 at 7:13 PM said...

I love your collection! Have you added it all up to see how much it all cost you?

cyn on August 23, 2009 at 8:41 PM said...

damn. that's a lot of make up!! =P i'm coming by and taking a few things off your hands! i'm sure you wouldn't notice! LMAO

Amanda S. on August 24, 2009 at 11:24 PM said...

That's intense. But it seems you love those pastels :-)

JennXOXO on August 25, 2009 at 9:24 AM said...

@saha haha thanks girl!

JennXOXO on August 25, 2009 at 9:25 AM said...

@Monica no, I haven't added it all up but I know it'll be somewhere astronomical ballpark lol.

JennXOXO on August 25, 2009 at 9:26 AM said...

@cyn: come on, girl! I seriously doubt I would notice if you did take some lol!

JennXOXO on August 25, 2009 at 9:27 AM said...

@amanda I do love my pastels :)