Not really! Lately I haven’t been getting enough sleep. This past Friday I didn’t get to sleep until 2AM. Saturday we went to a party to watch the Pacquiao vs. Cotto fight and didn’t get home until 3AM. I woke up at 9 AM on Saturday & Sunday. That might be enough sleep for many of you but I would like to try and get 8 hours on the weekend.
As we age, our skin begins to thin and dark under-eye circles appear. Now that I’m dangerously teetering into that age bracket where I need to pay more attention to my skin, I feel justified in throwing more of my money at a fancy skincare regimen. I’m no spring chicken you know!
I have an arsenal of eye creams, serums, depuffers, anti-wrinkler’s, brighteners & whiteners. Each of them promise help treat the delicate skin around your eye and make it more radiant. No one wants to have bags, dark circles, uneven skin tone or wrinkles! That’s why I never forget to apply my eye creams at night & in the morning before I apply my makeup. Even on my no makeup days I still apply my eye creams with my moisturizer. When choosing my eye cream for the day I made sure it had an SPF in it as well. SPF will block against harmful UVA/UVB rays which cause premature aging & wrinkles.
Concealing is my best friend when it comes to disguising darkness. I love using Benefit’s Erase Paste (concealer) or Maybelline’s Dream Mousse Concealer to make my peepers appear more awake. Don’t you want to look bright eyed & bushy tailed too? But you can’t always just cover it up then pile on the makeup. You have to treat the skin underneath your makeup to create that beautiful clean canvas we all strive for.
*Click pics to make them bigger
- Clinique All About Eyes (reduces puffs, circles) use in PM
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex (good for lines, dryness, puffiness, dark circles)
- Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream (good for lines, wrinkles)
- Doctors Dermatologic Formula Erase Eye Gel (minimizes dark circles, puffiness)
- Loreal Advanced Revitalift Double Eye Lift (Under eye wrinkle cream + upper eye lifting gel = double awesomeness for under $20)
- Clinique Advanced Stop Signs Eye Preventive Cream SPF 15 (prevents photoaging & brightens)
I don't use all 6 every day. I switch back and forth between products but my favorites are #2 Estee Lauder, #4 DDF, #5 Loreal and #6 Clinique Advanced Stop Signs.
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer (Light 4-5)
- Benefit Erase Paste (No. 1 fair)
- Benefit Powderflage
After I apply my serums/creams in the morning I use these concealers + Powderflage to set the concealer.
My name is Jenn and I am an eye cream junkie fanatic.