Will blog for comments

Dec 5, 2009

Victoria's Secret makeup haul & EOTD


I received an email promotion from Victoria’s Secret about a 20% discount on your entire online order so I took this opportunity to experiment with their makeup line.  Yay for promo's right?!  I’ve only tried their lipglosses before but I was particularly interested in trying products from the Christian Siriano & Heidi Klum lines.  I’ve also had the VS Lipstick in Satin Sheets on my to buy list for months now so I also picked that up.
I bought the Heidi Klum eye shadow palette in Hidden Palace, a VS eye shadow in Pose, Christian Siriano eye shadow in Sahara & Perfect Lipstick in Satin Sheets.
I haven’t had a chance to try any of the products yet (except for the lipstick - which is really sheer btw) so I couldn’t tell you how well they blend but I was able to swatch them and that’s what I wanted to share with you.  I haven’t seen any blog posts or videos about the Heidi Klum line so I wanted to put the swatches out there in case anyone was interested in seeing them.  The packaging is gorgeous btw!



Off the bat I can tell you all of the shadows are pigmented and silky.  I particularly love the Christian Siriano color Sahara.  In the Hidden Palace palette I really like the gold/champagne & the plum/wine color.  I don’t have anything like it. 
Satin Sheets is a pretty pink nude but it's extremely sheer & lacks that creamy pigmentation I always look for.  It's nice for a subtle hint of pink for the office and it has a little bit of frostiness to it.  It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be so I don't think I'd buy this again.  I might try other colors but I'd have to go to the store to swatch it first.




Pose, Sahara, Satin Sheets





I also had a chance to snap a few photos of my EOTD from yesterday.  I used Maybelline’s trio in Positively Purple.




I like this palette.  Purples are great colors for brown eyes and this palette has a nice iridescence to it.


Hope you all have a lovely weekend! It's been snowing all day here and tomorrow we're going to a Redskins game!  Woohoo!  Go Skins!

3 comments on "Victoria's Secret makeup haul & EOTD"

Amanda S. on December 5, 2009 at 10:06 PM said...

That purple trio looks great on you!
Tutorial please! :-) Let us know what you think of the VS stuff.

ning xin on December 27, 2009 at 5:29 AM said...

Hi, your swatches of the palette really helped a lot!

May I know how many times do you swatched it? It doesn't look very pigmented to me...

JennXOXO on December 27, 2009 at 10:14 AM said...

@ning xin: I swatched these twice with a Q-tip but it picks up a lot more with a brush. Hope that helps!