Will blog for comments

Jan 23, 2010

China Glaze Up and Away NOTD


Here is my attempt to recreate my favorite NOTD: polka dots!!  I used two varnishes from the China Glaze spring 2010 collection Up and Away.  I've always loved reading nail blogs and this is my attempt to recreate Steph's Closet famous polka dotted NOTDs.  She is seriously the queen of polka dotted manicures.  Go check out her gallery!
For the base I used Grape Pop and Light As Air for the polka dots.  I haven't had a chance to go to Sally's to pick up a dotting tool so I had to use a tooth pick.


My polka dots aren't uniform in shape which bothers me.  With more practice hopefully I'll become better at polka dotted mani's.

6 comments on "China Glaze Up and Away NOTD"

Unknown on January 23, 2010 at 3:25 PM said...

looks cute!! you're one step away from being able to do leopard print nails!

JennXOXO on January 23, 2010 at 3:37 PM said...

Thanks! Yes, I definitely need to try doing leopard print next time. Your leopard print mani's look so good!

Jeweled Thumb on January 23, 2010 at 7:08 PM said...

So adorable!

Danielle87 on January 24, 2010 at 4:56 PM said...

Ur polka dots look fine to me : ) I love it and purples my fav color.

JennXOXO on January 24, 2010 at 7:04 PM said...

Thanks ladies!

Katy on February 6, 2010 at 6:17 AM said...

Pretty... purple lady bug. =P