Will blog for comments

May 10, 2010

In and Out Number 3


I can't believe I've only done two of these types of posts.  Anyway, its been a while so I thought it would be nice to highlight a few things I've been loving at the moment.


In: 
  • Viktor & Rolf's Flowerbomb: This scent is delicious.  I bought a bottle in February and I've been wearing it every day since then. It has notes of tea, bergamot, sambac jasmine, orange tree, catleya orchid, freesia, rose, and amber, musk, and patchouli.  It's lovely & decadent. 
  • Orly nail varnishes: I'm normally an O.P.I & China Glaze fan but recently I started hauling Orly polishes and I love them!  I've only run into a few colors where the formula was sub par but otherwise I've been very happy with them.  Most of the ones I have only require 2 coats and I didn't find them to be streaky at all.  LOVE! 
  • Shiseido Tsubaki shampoo & conditioner.  This is serious HG material guys, no joke!  I've been on a search for a holy grail shampoo that will leave my hair super shiny, soft & luxe.  I use the Tsubaki shampoo in the red bottle called Shining Camellia Oil Ex.  It smells amazing too!  I bought the set from Amazon and it came with a hair treatment as well.  I haven't tried the hair treatment yet since everything is written in Japanese but I'm going to have my friend translate it for me.  You're supposed to massage the treatment from scalp to ends and leave in for 20 min before rinsing out.


  • Coral & peach tone blushes: So far this spring I haven't been reaching for any pink blushers.  I've been loving the coral/peachy/apricot tones with a soft sun-kissed/bronzy face.  A few of my favorites have been MAC's Instant Chic (midtone muted coral), NARS Taj Mahal (burnt orange with shimmer), NARS Deep Throat (peach with shimmer) and NARS Enchanted (soft peach with gold sparkle). 
OUT:
  • Heavy smoky eyes: This month I've been going out with simple, no-fuss makeup looks.  I'll only use one nude color on the lid, very often I'd skip the eyeliner and only opt for a few generous coats of mascara.  I've been concentrating on foundation, bronzahh, blush and lips.  On my lips I've only been using a light coat of lipgloss.  Super simple.
  • MAC's weekly launches.  MAC has been going crazy with launching new limited edition lines almost on a weekly basis.  It's ridiculous.  I can't keep up and lately I don't have the desire to keep up.  There might be a few items that I'll check out and purchase here and there but I don't have the urge to purchase the whole line.  I've been rediscovering my hidden treasures in my stash and I quite like it.
How about you?  What have you been loving/hating recently?

0 comments on "In and Out Number 3"